About Me

My photo
Hello Readers! Thank You For Your Time To Read This. :D I'm ♡Sahasrakirana Narendradhipa♡ .I'm from Indonesia, But I Spent Most Of My Childhood Days In The UK (Sheffield). I Then Moved To Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) For 3years To Study, And Now I Am Currently In Indonesia Studying Travel Tourism In Jakarta. I Love To Travel And Intrested To Learn About Other Countries/Cities' Culinary And Lifestyles. I Mainly Blog About My Experiences In Indonesia Since I'm Slowly Learning About My Own Country That I Do Not Know Much Of. It's Pretty Interesting! Oh And I'm New To This Whole 'Blogging' Thing So...Be Nice? And Feel Free To Drop Your Comments And I Will Reply You As Soon As I Read You Messages. Well I hope you enjoy My Blog! :D ♥

SOLO_Candi Sukuh

Last Stop. Candi Sukuh!

  
  
Opening Time:  9am to 5pm
Admission Fee:  3,000Rp.
Location: 36KM east of Solo. On the slopes of Lawu Mountain about 25 miles east of Solo. You can reach it in about one hour from Solo. From Solo, find the route to Semarang or Karanganyar. Follow the main road till you find a traffic light junction with small police station on your right. Turn left to Karangpandan. Follow the main road and keep look at Candi Sukuh and Ceto on the side road. 

 It is a 15th century Javanese-Hindu temple (Candi) that is located on the western slope of Mount Lawu (elev. 910 m or 3,000 feet (910 m) above sea level on the border between Central and East Java provinces.
Where most temples would have a large square shrine, however, Candi Sukuh has a pyramid reminiscent of Mayan structures from Central America. This is the only Hindu temple, or Buddhist one for that matter, sporting a pyramid like this and nobody knows for sure why the builders chose this type of structure. Just in front of the pyramid, three tortoises with flattened shells are unevenly placed. They appear to be for offerings or sacrifices and a male figure grasping his penis. There aren't as many carvings as most temples typically have, but those it does have are quit unique. Candi Sukuh, you see, is what they call a "fertility" temple.
 
Beautiful view but not much to knowledge gained as there isn’t any tour-guide around to share its historical information of this temple15th century Javanese-Hindu temple.
Anyways, here are a couple of pictures I've taken: 

 


 



  

   
  
  
  

1 comments:

hello,
your blog is very good for beginners.
i was amazed with your blog contents.

 

Post a Comment