About Me

My photo
Hello Readers! Thank You For Your Time To Read This. :D I'm ♡Sahasrakirana Narendradhipa♡ .I'm from Indonesia, But I Spent Most Of My Childhood Days In The UK (Sheffield). I Then Moved To Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) For 3years To Study, And Now I Am Currently In Indonesia Studying Travel Tourism In Jakarta. I Love To Travel And Intrested To Learn About Other Countries/Cities' Culinary And Lifestyles. I Mainly Blog About My Experiences In Indonesia Since I'm Slowly Learning About My Own Country That I Do Not Know Much Of. It's Pretty Interesting! Oh And I'm New To This Whole 'Blogging' Thing So...Be Nice? And Feel Free To Drop Your Comments And I Will Reply You As Soon As I Read You Messages. Well I hope you enjoy My Blog! :D ♥

Jogjakarta Hadiningrat Palace (Keraton)

Address: Jl. Rotowijayan 1, Yogyakarta 55133, Indonesia
Phone: (0274) 373 721 

 A Living Museum of Javanese Culture and The Place Where The King of Jogja Lives
At this place tourists can learn and see directly on how the Javanese culture continues to live and be preserved. Yogyakarta Palace was built in 1755 by Pangeran Mangkubumi (Prince Mangkubumi.) Although already hundreds of years old and were damaged by the massive earthquake in 1867, Yogyakarta Palace buildings still stand firmly and well maintained.
 Visiting Yogyakarta Palace will provide both valuable and memorable experience. I heard you are able to find a tour guide that will speak in English; unfortunately I didn’t get so lucky on my visit to there, however, I was lucky enough my brilliant dad knows some knowledge about this Palace so he was able to explain to us!
There are many things that can be seen at Yogyakarta Palace, ranging from the activity of servants in the palace who are doing the job or to see properties collection of the palace. Collections are kept in glass boxes that are spread various rooms ranging from ceramics and glassware, weapons, photographs, miniatures and replicas, to various kinds of batik and its making process. Furthermore, tourists can also enjoy the art performances with different schedules each day. The show starts from the human puppet, puppet show, shadow puppets, and dances.
The architect designer of this palace was Sultan Hamengkubuwono I himself, who was also the founder of the kingdom of Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat. His skill in architecture was appreciated by the dutch scientist - DR. Pigeund and DR. Adam.
The 14.000 sq. m of the Karaton Yogya has deep philosophical meaning with all its building, courts, carving, trees, and location. This is a Karaton full of significant symbols of human life. Since the Kraton is still used as the current home for Yogyakarta's sultan, Hamengkubuwono X, most areas are off limits. However, the large open-air pavilions for cultural performances are quite beautiful, and if you are lucky, you may catch a puppet performance or a dance show on some mornings. The galleries of beautiful historical batik fabrics, as well as porcelain and art gifted to the Sultan from royal families around the world, are also worth a visit.



 Here is our tour guide for the day.
 He wore traditional Palace clothes with a Keris Sword behind his back and walks around bare foot.


Opening Hours:
 Saturday to Thursday: 8am-2pm
 Friday: 8am-1pm

Admission:
  • Rp. 3,000 (Tepas Kaprajuritan)
  • Rp. 5,000 (Tepas Pariwisata)

The camera/video permit: Rp. 1,000

Perfomances daily schedule in the Palace
  • Monday - Tuesday: Gamelan music (starting at 10:00 a.m)
  • Wednesday: Golek Menak puppet (starting at 10:00 a.m)
  • Thursday: Dance Perfomance (starting at 10:00 a.m)
  • Friday: Macapat (starting at 09:00 a.m)
  • Saturday: Leather puppet (starting at 09:30 a.m)
  • Sunday: Wayang Orang (man puppet) and dance performance (starting at 09:30 a.m

0 comments:

Post a Comment