About Me

My photo
Hello Readers! Thank You For Your Time To Read This. :D I'm ♡Sahasrakirana Narendradhipa♡ .I'm from Indonesia, But I Spent Most Of My Childhood Days In The UK (Sheffield). I Then Moved To Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) For 3years To Study, And Now I Am Currently In Indonesia Studying Travel Tourism In Jakarta. I Love To Travel And Intrested To Learn About Other Countries/Cities' Culinary And Lifestyles. I Mainly Blog About My Experiences In Indonesia Since I'm Slowly Learning About My Own Country That I Do Not Know Much Of. It's Pretty Interesting! Oh And I'm New To This Whole 'Blogging' Thing So...Be Nice? And Feel Free To Drop Your Comments And I Will Reply You As Soon As I Read You Messages. Well I hope you enjoy My Blog! :D ♥

JOGJA_Parangtritis Beach

Next stop… Parangtritis Beach!
Address: Jl. Parangtritis km 28 Yogyakarta 55188, Indonesia 
GPS Coordinate: S8°1'29.7" E110°19'57.2"

Parangtritis is located 27 km south of Yogyakarta and is easily accessible by public transportation that operates up to 17:00pm as well as private vehicles.  Parangtritis may be reached in two ways, through Kretek Village or the longer one but more well - established road through Imogiri and Siluk Village. The afternoon before sunset is the best time to visit this most popular beach in Yogyakarta. But if you arrive sooner, going to Tebing Gembirawati (Gembirawati cliffs) behind this beach, you will be able to see the whole area of Parangtritis Beach, southern sea, up to the horizon.
It started to rain hence the use of an umbrella in the left picture. On this beach, you will find carriages which will bring you along the sand surface to the end of the east coast of Parangtritis Beach that is smoothly swept by the wave with two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage. The dim twilight and golden shade of the sun on the water surface raises a romantic atmosphere.
Parangtritis Beach also offers the excitement for those who travel with family. Kite-flying with your friends or children is also enjoyable. The strong sea breeze is very helpful to make a kite flying high, even if you've never played a kite!
However, I honestly find this beach quite disappointing mainly because there were litter all over the beach of many sorts, from discarded plastic bags, straws, drink cans, paper, and all sorts! Due to this shocking view, I couldn’t take many pictures of this one particular Indonesian tourist spot.

Parangtritis carries a famous legend; a mythical queen named Nyai Roro Kidul or Ratu Laut Selatan (Queen of the South Seas) rules the seas of Java was cast by a witch under the order of a jealous rival in the palace, and caused the beautiful princess to suffer disgusting skin disease. She jumped into the violent waves of the Ocean where she finally cured and regain her beauty, and the spirits and demons crowned the girl as the legendary Spirit-Queen of the South Sea. According to legend, it is said that whoever visits the beach wearing the colour green, let it be a green shirt, green hat or even green shoes or socks[!], the unfortunate person will be "swallowed" by the sea. Believe it or not, people who have worn green to Parangtritis have been reported missing and this mishap occur often. I'd advise you to leave your green wardrobe at home before you plan to venture out to that part of Indonesia! ;)
 


Beside the beach, there are many traditional fish markets which sell lots of raw sea food and would cook it fresh for you after discussing the price! But beware the people may cheat you about the prices! It was a very nice experience for me and the food tasted delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment