About Me

My photo
Hello Readers! Thank You For Your Time To Read This. :D I'm ♡Sahasrakirana Narendradhipa♡ .I'm from Indonesia, But I Spent Most Of My Childhood Days In The UK (Sheffield). I Then Moved To Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) For 3years To Study, And Now I Am Currently In Indonesia Studying Travel Tourism In Jakarta. I Love To Travel And Intrested To Learn About Other Countries/Cities' Culinary And Lifestyles. I Mainly Blog About My Experiences In Indonesia Since I'm Slowly Learning About My Own Country That I Do Not Know Much Of. It's Pretty Interesting! Oh And I'm New To This Whole 'Blogging' Thing So...Be Nice? And Feel Free To Drop Your Comments And I Will Reply You As Soon As I Read You Messages. Well I hope you enjoy My Blog! :D ♥

Dukuh Makam Keluarga


  Dukuh Makam Keluarga... On our way heading to Grandma's at Jogjakarta, we decided to stop by to visit a family at their graveyard and give our prayers to them. There we met a cousin of my dad from a long way down our family tree.

 
  
  


Dr. Indro S.Suwandi (may he rest in peace) was my father's cousin from the Surodirjo Family.
 
We then headed towards her house, where she showed us 'kebon salak' that was owned by her family. 
Salak (Salacca zalacca) is a species of palm tree native to Indonesia, Brunei and Malaysia. It is a very short-stemmed palm, with leaves up to 6 metres (20 ft) long; each leaf has a 2-metre long petiole with spines up to 15 centimetres (5.9 in) long, and numerous leaflets.
The fruit grow in clusters at the base of the palm, and are also known as snake fruit due to the reddish-brown scaly skin. The fruit can be peeled by pinching the tip, which should cause the skin to slough off so it can be pulled away. The taste is usually sweet and acidic, but its apple-like texture can vary from very dry and crumbly (salak pondoh from Yogyakarta) to moist and crunchy (salak Bali).

0 comments:

Post a Comment